Thursday, August 27, 2009

And They Lived Happily Ever After

This was a welcome to the blog posting, but since most, if any reader, will likely come by it by reading backwards -- for who knows how long -- I thought I might as well make it the end of my blog. Hopefully in time I will learn to write backwards -- tossing out casual references to subjects and comments I have yet to write -- so as to fit the format. Failing that, I will -- and no doubt, have --  make  (or made?) sure that every post is self-contained and can be read backwards and forwards.  Confused?  Welcome to the rabbit's hole.

Here is the original text of this post:

I've borrowed a Rudyard Kipling title for this blog for no particular reason other than my hope that it will be an accurate description of what it contains. I don't as a rule paint on the weekends, so I will probably confining my posting to the five weekdays – with luck.

I quit my day job six years ago to be a painter. I had been painting in watercolors in my spare time for years and felt that if I was ever to do anything in the line of painting, the time had come. Being neither old enough nor rich enough to retire, I set out to paint pictures to sell. I am over that now.

First, I'm now old enough to retire.

Second, though I have sold several hundred over the past six years, the fact is that painting as a business requires an artist to paint paintings that sell. I don't want to paint paintings that sell. I want to paint paintings. So while I have nothing against selling my paintings, feel free to inquire if you are interested in any, selling paintings is not a what my painting or this blog is about.

Lastly, I'm still not rich enough to retire, but I'm old enough not to care.

I hope you will find (or, have found...) some paintings you will like in this blog. A more complete collection of my work can be found at: http://litka.deviantart.com/gallery/

No comments:

Post a Comment