Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Early in the Morning in the Park

















In the years I painted in watercolors I used to dip my brush into the various paints that I thought I wanted to use to create the color I was looking for and then put the brush to the paper and mix things up a bit with a little water.  The paints would mix and arrange themselves, creating interesting patterns and doing a lot of the work of making the painting interesting.  With these thicker paints, I still do the same thing, but the paints don't mix themselves on the board, I have to do that, which is a lot more work.  However, it is also fun to push the paint around and see what you can come up with.  This is pretty much what I'm doing these days -- the actual scene is a secondary consideration, and is certainly a secondary consideration in this piece.

12x16" 30x40cm acrylic on hardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment