Thursday, January 20, 2011

Morning Along Orchard Road

Well, at least it is something, and that's progress of sorts. Yesterday I looked in on Sheila Vaughn's web site (http://artat.blogspot.com/) an artist's who work I admire, and noticed a couple of foggy paintings that I liked. I decided what I needed to paint some foggy day paintings myself, since my style is so vague anyways.  I'd been  working on and off on this piece for the last several days getting nowhere, so today I softened it up and painted it misty, if not exactly foggy. In the original version the background trees had been very dark pines and the highlights in yellow as if at sunset.  The simple composition I just kept pretty much the same, though it has little to recommend it.

12x16" 30x40cm acrylic on hardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment