Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Spring in Blysmith Station 5(rev)

















Just after I posted the first version and commented on how the buildings had gotten grander than I had originally envisioned, I decided that not only had they gotten grander, but they had gotten out of scale as well. They looked  bigger than the space would have allowed. Now there's not a lot of realism in my paintings, but the one area that I do try to be realistic is in the shape of the scene. I don't insist on strict drafting exactness, but I try to have my paintings seem like they could be based on real scenes, even if I don't paint them that way. Since I had to do the buildings over, I decided to go back to the more modest type of row house, as I had painted the first time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment