Saturday, December 17, 2011

Branches and Brambles

















This is what I consider an 'art project'. By 'art project' I mean something, an idea,  that I do just to see how it'll turn out; an experiment. The idea behind this piece came from those images you see when you have your eyes closed: in this case an abstract pattern of short dark lines against a light background. I made it less abstract when I painted it. To do this type of thing, you should be a lot more patient and attentive to details than I am, but on this scale, the sloppiness is pretty hard to see. Anyways, this was done in the standard way I do branches: I shape them by painting the background after I do the branches rather than paint over the background.

12x16" 30x40cm acrylic on hardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment