Tuesday, April 10, 2012

High in the Wold



















This piece was all about a study of atmosphere and light. I wanted a little more milky atmosphere, the hills closer and still faint in the moist air. Maybe next time. I'm also trying to figure out how to paint light and color, which is to say, how to paint a grassy field in sunlight and get both the greeness of the grass and the warmth and light of the sun shining on it. With water colors you can count on some of the light being reflected off the white paper below the transparent paint to give you this light, but with these thick paints, you seem to have to put more of that light on the suface, while keeping it green and warm. I suppose I could put white below and use only a thin film of green... I'll keep working on that.

12x16" 30x40cm acrylic on hardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment