Thursday, November 22, 2012

Coastline Study 5



















In my bookkeeping system this acrylic 1000 and as such, somewhat of a milestone. It is however, not actually my 1000th acrylic painting. At one time I did fifty some small paintings like this and numbered them as "bookshelf paintings" even though they were done in acrylics. And then there are the paintings I've painted over. How do you count them?  In any event, some I've painted over I've kept the same number, others got a new number, so who knows when I crossed the 1000 mark. Still, in the little over 9 years since I quit my day job to paint, I've done around 250 oil paintings, 50 some watercolors and over a 1000 acrylics and that's not counting all the watercolors I did before I became a painter. Even at my minimum price of 1000K each, I'm rich! Now if I were 27 instead of 63 and people where actually buying my pieces at 1000K plus, what a fine dissipated artistic life I could be leading... I suppose, in the end, a bulled dodged...

6x8" 15x20cm acrylic on hardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment