Monday, April 29, 2013

Deeper in Glen Maig













Unlike most of my paintings, this and the previous Glen Maig painting are loosely based on a real place as seen by google's street view. I didn't have the pictures in front of me when I painted these and felt free to take all the liberties I wanted including features, time of day and season, but their real life sources can be found. (Though the name of the glen is fictional.) I'm not too crazy about either of these paintings, even if they were good, I don't like painting picture postcard scenes, which these would be, if I could paint picture postcard scenes. The main reason I painted them is that I'm writing a story set in this glen, and I wanted to paint as well as write it...


12x24" 30x60cm acrylic on hardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment