Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Work in Progress


Given my approach to painting -- a sketchy impressionism -- and my use of rather large brushes to keep me from getting too fussy about things, there is a danger that I might use my approach just to be quick and lazy. While I admit to nothing, I decided to use a smaller brush this time to concentrate my focus a little.

I paint right handed and paint on a desk rather than on an easel so that I tend to paint from the upper left corner down and across the board, if only to avoid dragging my cuffs through wet paint. I started this painting at the bottom this afternoon -- you can see what's left of the morning's work on top -- and decided that it was safer to wait until tomorrow when the bottom was dry before proceeding further.

No comments:

Post a Comment