Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Work Shops, stables and sheds 2


Above are the thumbnail sketches I used to design this scene (the final one is inserted in the upper right).  I use only small 1"-2" sketches to develop a painting as it is the fastest and most efficient way to explore options and ideas -- and I'm not good at big drawings... Somehow they seem a whole lot cozier than the full sized painting, which is still not quite finished, below.  Though they have led me sadly astray, I'm trying to make the best of it.  The final version will not be much different from this; only a matter of adding a few more details and lines, and a few people and such. It is always a question of how much time should be devoted to project where it does not seem that any significantly improvement can be achieved.


No comments:

Post a Comment