Thursday, October 27, 2011

Autumn in the Heather

















Yesterday's work, with a little high lighting today. I'm coming around to believing that I should always go back the next day after the paint has dried and add more highlights to an acrylic paintings. Acrylics dry darker than they appear when you first paint them, and it is especially annoying when the brighter spots are not brighter the next day. In any event, this was meant to be a rather overcast day, so it is not too much darker than I had intended.

The nice thing about not turning painting into a business is that I can paint a picture like this that has zero market appeal, and not worry about it at all. If I like it, it's just fine. That makes painting so much more pleasant.

18x24" 45x60cm acrylic on hardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment