Sunday, February 26, 2012

Into A Stormy Night



















This is painted over the Moonlit Study painting posted previously. Like it I'm just playing around with paint and painting, hoping to, perhaps, stumble into some new ways of painting my paintings. This is my acrylic painting number 910, which, while not an exact number of the acrylic paintings I've done,  is close, plus over 250 oils and watercolors, means I've done well over a thousand paintings in the last 8 1/2 years. I have no incentive to do the same thing over and over again, so I'm free to find something new to do in painting. If I only knew what it was... I have the feeling that the only way I'll find out is by painting, and not being too particular how I paint or what. We'll see how it turns out.

18x24" 45x60cm acrylic on hardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment