Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Edge of a World, Edge of a Day (Revised)

















Fussing with this painting last night: the lady took off her jacket so that she would be more readily visible in the painting, put more highlights in the foreground grasses, messed around with the sky and cloud, and processed the resulting photo a bit better so that the yellow in the sky does not quite glow as much as in the first one.

This painting is a bit more literal, that is to say more realistic, than I care to paint as a rule. Just sort of happened that way, though when I start using several smaller brushes to get details, I should know I'm in trouble. Still, it pretty much expresses the feeling I was looking for, so I guess I'll not complain too much.

18x24" 45x60cm acrylic on hardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment