Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Coastline Study 9



















Still on the moon light theme. I have used shades of green for night skies in the past, and while not realistic, they seem to work pretty well. As I have mentioned in the past, I consider myself a mere student of painting, and what I am doing is exploring how to paint. I think you have to put in several decades of doing this before you can really master it, and seeing that I'm not even halfway there - with painting in thick paints like oils and acrylic, at any rate -  I'm not yet concerned about where I'm at in the process today, or how each painting turns out (as long as it meets certain vague personal standards). I bring this up only because I realize I've painted variations of this scene, a dozen times: justifiable only because, you see, I'm just practicing...

6x8" 15x20cm acrylic on hardboard

2 comments:

  1. I think your art is awesome, and I'm always inspired to keep painting when I see one of your pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're one of the select few... which is the way I want it. I'm hoping to postpone fame until I'm dead. So far, so good. Knock on wood. While I'm glad my work inspires you, I hope you're really having a whole lot of fun painting.

    ReplyDelete