Thursday, December 6, 2012

First Snow Study



















This is both my first snow painting of the season and is meant to be a painting of the first snow of the season as well. We've had nothing more than a few flakes blowing in the wind around here, which is great, I feel that I've hand my lifetime supply of snow already, but I thought I'd risk tempting fate and paint a snow painting because I didn't know what else to paint. I considered making a large painting of a scene like this, but opted for this little study last night instead, just to see. That's what studies are really for... and as far as I can see, I dodged a bullet in not trying a big one. Still, the painting over the fireplace is getting old and out of season, so I'll have to think of another winter scene to paint...

6x8" 15x20cm acrylic on hardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment