Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A'Top Lili Hill


Here is the finished version of A Top Lili Hill. This is the style of painting I did for more than a decade before moving to the thicker oil and acrylic paints some 6 years ago -- mainly because I was looking to sell paintings and watercolors do not command much of a price in the market, not to mention the expense of framing them.  I started using colored inks and moved on to watercolors because of a concern that inks would fade too fast. At the end I switched to acrylics on watercolor canvas like this painting because I could get the ease and brightness of ink without concern for fading. Working on canvas also allows for corrections to be made and they can be framed without glass.  All these paintings are scenes of an imaginary country and are painted from imagination in this rather folk art style.

18x24" 45x60cm acrylic on watercolor canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment