Monday, December 14, 2009

New Snow in the Back Courts


I'm thinking that the creative well is drying up a bit along the lines I have been painting, so that it is time for a change of pace. I haven't painted in watercolors in five or six years, so I thought I'd give that a shot today. I quickly realized why I haven't painted in watercolors in five or six years (even though I did it exclusively for a decade prior to that...): they are too iffy and unforgiving... I had to resort to cheating -- adding an ink outline -- to get a decent painting. I will stick with this style of painting for a while, though I think I will give watercolors a miss and go back to painting with acrylics in the watercolor style on watercolor canvas, which is what replaced watercolors in the first place.

18x12" 45x30cm watercolor on 140lb paper

No comments:

Post a Comment