Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rainy Eveing


What I really want to do is to create an impression of a place and time without just painting a scene. It might be a distinction without a difference, but I know I don't want to paint places, just impressions...

12x16" 30x40cm acrylic on hardboard

One of the nice things about painting just for yourself, is that you get to paint just what you like. The harder part is that you have no excuses -- deadlines, customer preferences, etc, that might explain a painting you have to make excuses for. Yesterday's painting was one of those, so I made another attempt at it today. I still am not thrilled, but I'm far from sure I can do any better.  My violets are just a big happy clump, that is hard to paint without going into a lot of detail that would be boring even if I could paint it.

12x16" 30x40cm acrylic on hardboard

No comments:

Post a Comment