Thursday, October 15, 2009

Autumn Meadow Morning


This is my morning's painting. I decided to go with the flow and paint another tree and field painting, though this time I used the thinner, drier, more pastel approach similar to "A pond in a Mist" rather than the thinker technique of my usual  'Friday paintings' . I find I really have an aversion to painting straight 'set piece scenes'. That is to say paintings were all the elements, trees, buildings, people, trains, etc are plunked into their places to create a realistic setting or scene. For example, tossing in a deer or two in this painting. (Not that you could tell my deer from my cows or sheep.) Maybe I've done enough of those, or maybe this is just a passing fancy, but I don't feel like doing them. Expect more of these more abstracted landscapes.

18x24" 45x60 cm acrylic on hardboard

Below is my afternoon painting. I decided to keep trying to work on an urban version of my vague, foggy paintings. Luckily I decided to do so on a small scale, because this is as close as I could get to an urban setting. It turned out a bit gloomy, but it was a rainy, gloomy day, so it is in keeping with the afternoon's feeling.

The Lagoon on a Gloomy Afternoon

8x12" 20x30cm acrylic on hardboard


No comments:

Post a Comment