Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pond in a Mist


Since I've gotten serious about painting over the last year or two, my paintings have gotten less ambitious -- I'm more concerned about particular aspects of painting -- the tactical aspects of them, so to speak than the over all painting. I much more a student now.

Today's work was painted on the old 'Shore Road' board from several weeks ago. It began today as an attempt to see if I could apply the style I use for my 'Friday paintings' in a painting with much more contrast than those pictures. My attempt was not promising, so I scrapped things off and painted this in a much flatter style, trying to reproduce the soft landscapes of some pastels. I'll look at it again tomorrow to see what I think.

12x16" 30x40cm acrylic on hardboard


No comments:

Post a Comment