Thursday, October 22, 2009

Chasing my tail


I did end up working on the River Cross Station Dawn painting (above) for what it's worth. This week I'm just chasing my tail and can't seem to get anywhere.  It appears that my leeriness of painting these scenes was justified.  Below is the down and dirty revision of River Cross Station Dusk that I did this afternoon -- removing River Cross Station and changing it into a boulevard for no improvement, but since I'm painting as a student: it counts as practice.   (Both 16x24" 40x60cm acrylic on hardboard).















Finally, since I had time, I decided, what the hell,  I'd do a quick study and take a peek at how tomorrow's paintings might work out in order to avoid even more tail chasing. At least I have the rest of the evening to think about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment